COMP 230 Week 1 to 7 Quiz
COMP 230 Week 1 Quiz
1. (TCO 1) Which one of the following Windows net commands are NOT used to control services with the net ServiceName?
2. (TCO 1) Which of the following Windows commands will shutdown and restart your computer in 2 minutes?
3. (TCO 1) Which of the following Windows commands will shutdown and restart the computerFileServer in 2 minutes?
4. (TCO 1) Which Windows shutdown-command switch is used to shutdown and turn off a local or remote computer?
5. (TCO 1) From the Start/Run dialog, the command used to open the 32-bit Windows command prompt is _____.
6. (TCO 1) The Windows CLI shell command used to display all of the environmental variables and their values is _____.
COMP 230 Week 2 Quiz
1. (TCO 2) ____ data items may involve displaying numbers or text to the screen.
2. (TCO 2) The process of walking through a program's logic on paper before actually writing the program is called ____.
3. (TCO 2) What is the problem with the following statement? 60 + 5 = grade
4. (TCO 2) What is the problem with the following statement? lastName = "smith
5. (TCO 2) What is the assignment operator?
6. Question: (TCO 2) String constants and _____ refer to the same concept.
6. (TCO 2) If a variable holds the value 12345, what is its data type?
7. (TCO 2) Given the rules of operator precedence, what value would the variable contain after the following statement was executed? distance = 2 + 10 * 2 - 1
COMP 230 Week 3 Quiz
1. (TCO 3) What statement best describes the following pseudocode?
2. (TCO 3) What decision structure is logically equivalent to the following?
3. (TCO 3) What logic operator could be used to replace the nested selection structure in....?
4. (TCO 3) Which logical operator has the lowest precedence?
5. (TCO 3) Every Boolean expression must be true in order for the entire expression...____.
6. (TCO 3) Only one of the Boolean expressions must be false in order for the entire....___.
7. (TCO 3) Which of the following comparisons is generally most confusing?
8. (TCO 3) Which of the following is a possible value for a Boolean expression?
COMP 230 Week 4 Quiz
1. (TCO 4) A variable that determines if a loop will continue is known as a ____.
2. (TCO 4) What is the name for the statements that are repeated during loop execution?
3. (TCO 4) Which piece of pseudocode represents incrementing the loop-control.....?
4. (TCO 4) When a value is incremented by 1, ____.
5. (TCO 4) When a loop-control variable is not altered during loop execution, a(n)___.....
6. (TCO 4) Which of the following is NOT automatically handled by the for loop?
7. (TCO 4) A do-until loop has a(n) ______ condition.
8. (TCO 4) A loop within another loop is known as a(n) _____ loop.
9. (TCO 4) What is the term for the number used to reference an array element?
10. (TCO 4) The number of elements in an array is called the ______ of the array.
11. (TCO 4) Arrays are most efficiently processed using ______.
COMP 230 Week 5 Quiz
1. (TCO 5) Although it is not a requirement of any programming language, it frequently makes sense to use a(n) ____ as all or as part of a module's name.......
2. (TCO 5) A variable that is used in all program modules is ____.
3. (TCO 5) What statement is not an advantage of using modularization?
4. (TCO 5) Variables declared within a module have what scope?
5. (TCO 5) In what way do named constants differ from variables?
6. (TCO 5) What is a feature of good program design?
COMP 230 Week 6 Quiz
1. (TCO 6) When you create a VBScript Scripting.FileSystemObject, you must start the.....____.
2. (TCO 6) Which one of the following is NOT a Windows file attribute?
3. (TCO 6) To test to see if a file exists before you overwrite it in VBScript, use the following command (assuming that fso is a Scripting.FileSystemObject).
4. (TCO 6) To move the file C:\Data\CustData.txt to C Scripting.FileSystemObject).
5. (TCO 6) The following command opens a text file in VBScript. Set file = fso. To open a file for reading, the value of ?....____.
6. (TCO 6) The following command opens a text file in VBScript. Set file = fso.OpenTextFile
COMP 230 Week 7 Quiz
1. (TCO 7) What is the most common database query language?
2. (TCO 7) What is the name for a column that uniquely identifies a record?
3. (TCO 7) The ____ in a table is the column that makes each record different from all others.
4. (TCO 7) Which of the following is not a database-security issue?
5. (TCO 7) When two tables in a database contain related data, the data in each table can be connected using a _____.
6. (TCO 7) The general syntax of an SQL select statement is _____.