BCOM 275 Final Exam
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
BCOM 275 Final Exam 5
1) The message refers to which of the following?
2) This preparation process involves looking at the characteristics of the receivers of the sender’s message.
3) The term channel in communication means
4) This act is involuntary and happens automatically.
5) With this type of response, you analyze or teach the sender about the cause of his or her concern.
6) This response style normally does not help unless the sender has asked for your advice.
7) A claim is generally not considered credible if
8) Which of the following is a category of reasonless advertising?
9) Consider the following exchange: “How do I know God exists? How do you know he doesn’t?” Which fallacy does the second statement illustrate?
10) Providing only two choices when others are available defines which fallacy?
11) Consider the following statement: “Studies confirm what everyone already knows: Smaller class sizes make better learners.” This is an example of which fallacy?
12) Stating someone has negative features and his claim is invalid is an example of which fallacy?
13) Demographics include which of the following?
14) Audience analysis should occur at what point in the creation of a message?
15) Measurable or observable characteristics of your audience are called
16) You want to discuss your performance review and possible raise with your boss. The most effective channel to do this would be
17) In this channel of communication, messages are carried by sound and light waves.
18) Which informal communication channel involves its own abbreviations to accommodate the limited number of characters available in any given message?
19) What type of language is used when communicating with classmates, coworkers, family, and friends?
20) When using expert testimonials, speakers should do which of the following?
21) A framework for putting all of your information together in a logical sequence is called
22) Persuasive topics that attempt to show an audience that something is good, bad, right, or wrong are topics of
23) If you try to persuade your classmates to donate canned goods for the hungry in your community, your topic is one of
24) When you use an expression like raining cats and dogs, you are using
25) When you display ethos in your persuasive presentation, you have
26) When you lead, instruct, challenge, or introduce your audience to act on or accept your solution, you are at which step of Monroe’s Motivated Sequence?
27) What logical fallacy can occur when a speaker focuses on similarities and ignores significant differences?
28) A concept proposing that negative cultural assumptions about a group can create for its members a belief in those assumptions is called
29) An attempt to characterize causes of events to either personalities or external situations is called
30) Groups that value higher power distance believe relationships are
31) Utilitarianism is part of this perspective on moral reasoning.
32) What is the belief that correct moral principles are those accepted by the correct religion known as?
33) What is the belief that laws are justified if they prevent a person from harming him- or herself known as?