BCOM 275 Week 5 Final Exam
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
BCOM 275 Final Exam 3
1) In which of the following communication activities do people spend the greatest percent of their day?
2) The term channel in communication means
3) A receiver’s response to a sender’s message is called
4) This response style normally does not help unless the sender has asked for your advice.
5) With this type of response, you analyze or teach the sender about the cause of his or her concern.
6) This act is involuntary and happens automatically.
7) Which of the following is a category of reasonless advertising?
8) Which of the following are the most common types of doubts people may have about a source?
9) A claim is generally not considered credible if
10) Providing only two choices when others are available defines which fallacy?
11) Stating someone has negative features and his claim is invalid is an example of which fallacy?
12) Consider the following statement: “So what if the Senator accepted a little kickback money—most politicians are corrupt after all.” This is an example of which fallacy?
13) Measurable or observable characteristics of your audience are called
14) Behavior descriptions should meet which of the following criteria?
15) Demographics include which of the following?
16) You want to discuss your performance review and possible raise with your boss. The most effective channel to do this would be
17) Sound and light waves are an example of which part of the communication model?
18) Which informal communication channel involves its own abbreviations to accommodate the limited number of characters available?
19) When are nonverbal messages sent?
20) Which verbal support breaks down complex processes or concepts into their component parts to ensure understanding?
21) When using expert testimonials, speakers should do which of the following?
22) When you use an expression like raining cats and dogs, you are using
23) Persuasive topics that attempt to show an audience that something is good, bad, right, or wrong are topics of
24) The connotation of words such as skinny or thin focuses on the
25) What logical fallacy can occur when a speaker focuses on similarities and ignores significant differences?
26) If you use only a few examples to represent the whole of the conclusion, you are committing this logical fallacy.
27) When you display ethos in your persuasive presentation, you have
28) Deliberately blaming individuals or groups for things they really did not do is called
29) A concept proposing that negative cultural assumptions about a group can create for its members a belief in those assumptions is called
30) Groups that value higher power distance believe relationships are
31) Utilitarianism is part of this perspective on moral reasoning.
32) What is the belief that correct moral principles are those accepted by the correct religion known as?
33) The practice of using a case that has already been decided as a guide when deciding new cases is referred to as