BCOM 275 Final
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
BCOM 275 Final Exam 1
1) The term channel in communication means
2) This preparation process involves looking at the characteristics of the receivers of the sender’s message.
3) A receiver’s response to a sender’s message is called
4) This act is involuntary and happens automatically.
5) This happens when you receive, construct meaning from, and respond to the sender’s message.
6) With this type of response, you analyze or teach the sender about the cause of his or her concern.
7) Consider the following exchange: “How do I know God exists? How do you know he doesn’t?” Which fallacy does the second statement illustrate?
8) Which of the following is a category of reasonless advertising?
9) A claim is generally not considered credible if
10) Consider the following statement: “Morgan, you’re down to earth and I trust your judgment. That’s why I know I can count on you to back me up at the meeting this afternoon.” This is an example of which fallacy?
11) Providing only two choices when others are available defines which fallacy?
12) Stating someone has negative features and his claim is invalid is an example of which fallacy?
13) Audience analysis should occur at what point in the creation of a message?
14) An effective message should be
15) Measurable or observable characteristics of your audience are called
16) Which informal communication channel involves its own abbreviations to accommodate the limited number of characters available in any given message?
17) Sound and light waves are an example of which part of the communication model?
18) You want to discuss your performance review and possible raise with your boss. The most effective channel to do this would be
19) When using expert testimonials, speakers should do which of the following?
20) Which verbal support breaks down complex processes or concepts into their component parts to ensure understanding?
21) What type of language is used when communicating with classmates, coworkers, family, and friends?
22) The connotation of words such as skinny or thin focuses on the
23) The individuals you are most likely to influence with your persuasive presentation are referred to as your
24) If you try to persuade your classmates to donate canned goods for the hungry in your community, your topic is one of
25) When you lead, instruct, challenge, or introduce your audience to act on or accept your solution, you are at which step of Monroe’s Motivated Sequence?
26) When you display ethos in your persuasive presentation, you have
27) What logical fallacy can occur when a speaker focuses on similarities and ignores significant differences?
28) Groups that value higher power distance believe relationships are
29) Deliberately blaming individuals or groups for things they really did not do is called
30) An attempt to characterize causes of events to either personalities or external situations is called
31) The practice of using a case that has already been decided as a guide when deciding new cases is referred to as
32) A value judgment requires this type of assessment.
33) What is the belief that laws are justified if they prevent a person from harming him- or herself known as?