ACCT 434 Midterm Exam
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
ACCT 434 Midterm Exam 1
1. (TCO1) ABC systems create
2. (TCO 1) Merriamn Company provides the following ABC costing information. How much of the account billing cost will be assigned to Department B?
3. (TCO 2) A master budget
4. (TCO 2) Dalyrymple Company produces a special spray nozzle. The budgeted indirect total cost of inserting the spray nozzle is $80,000. The budgeted number of nozzles to be inserted is 40,000. What is the budgeted indirect cost allocation rate for this activity?
5. (TCO 3) Which cost estimation method analyzes accounts in the subsidiary ledger as variable, fixed, or mixed using qualitative methods?
6. (TCO 4) In evaluating different alternatives, it is useful to concentrate on
7. (TCO 5) The theory of constraints is used for cost analysis when
8. (TCO 5) Schmidt Corporation produces a part that is used in the manufacture of one of its products. The costs associated with the production of 10,000 units of this part are as follows. Phil Company has offered to sell 10,000 units of the same part to Schmidt Corporation for $18 per unit. Assuming there is no other use for the facilities, Schmidt should
9. (TCO 3) The cost function y = 100 + 10X 10. (TCO 4) Sunk costs
1. (TCO 1) For each of the following drivers identify an appropriate activity.
2. (TCO 2) Favata Company has the following information:……………In addition, the cost of goods sold rate is 70% and the desired inventory level is 30% of next month's cost of sales. Prepare a purchases budget for July through September.
3. (TCO 3) Patrick Ross, the president of Ross's Wild Game Company, has asked for information about the cost behavior of manufacturing overhead costs. Specifically, he wants to know how much overhead cost is fixed and how much is variable................Using the high-low method, determine the overhead cost equation. Use machine-hours as your cost driver.
4. (TCO 5) Kirkland Company manufactures a part for use in its production of hats. ………….Mike Company has offered to sell to Kirkland Company 10,000 units of the part for $6.00 per unit. The plant facilities could be used to manufacture another item at a savings of $9,000 if Kirkland accepts the offer. In addition, $1.00 per unit of fixed manufacturing overhead on the original item would be eliminated. a. What is the relevant per unit cost for the original part? b. Which alternative is best for Kirkland Company? By how much?