ACC 291 Final Exam
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
ACC 291 Final Exam 1
1. On January 1, a machine with a useful life of five years and a residual value of $40,000 was purchased for $120,000. What is the depreciation expense for year 2 under the double-declining-balance method of depreciation?
2. As a recent graduate of State University you're aware that IFRS requires component depreciation for plant assets. A friend has asked you to succinctly explain what component depreciation means. Which of the following correctly describes component depreciation?
3. Given the following account balances at year end, compute the total intangible assets on the balance sheet of Janssen Enterprises.
4. Bonds with a face value of $300,000 and a quoted price of 97¼ have a selling price of
5. Sparks Company received proceeds of $423,000 on 10-year, 8% bonds issued on January 1, 2013. The bonds had a face value of $400,000, pay interest annually on December 31st, and have a call price of 102. Sparks uses the straight-line method of amortization. What is the carrying value of the bonds on January 1, 2015?
6. S. Lawyer performed legal services for E. Corp. Due to a cash shortage, an agreement was reached whereby E. Corp. would pay S. Lawyer a legal fee of approximately $15,000 by issuing 8,000 shares of its common stock (par $1). The stock trades on a daily basis and the market price of the stock on the day the debt was settled is $1.80 per share.
7. Logan Corporation issues 50,000 shares of $50 par value preferred stock for cash at $60 per share. The entry to record the transaction will consist of a debit to Cash for $3,000,000 and a credit or credits to
8. Jahnke Corporation issued 8,000 shares of €2 par value ordinary shares for €11 per share. The journal entry to record the sale will include
9. Zoum Corporation had the following transactions during 2014: What is the net cash provided by financing activities?
10. Colie Company had an increase in inventory of $120,000. The cost of goods sold was $490,000. There was a $30,000 decrease in accounts payable from the prior period. Using the direct method of reporting cash flows from operating activities, what were Colie's cash payments to suppliers?
11. Each of the following items may be classified as operating or financing activities under IFRS except
12. The current assets of Orangatte Company are $227,500. The current liabilities are $130,000. The current ratio expressed as a proportion is
13. All of the following requirements about internal controls were enacted under the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002 except:
14. Which of the following is not an internal control activity for cash?
15. Before a check authorization is issued, the following documents must be in agreement, except for the
16. Mitchell Corporation bought equipment on January 1, 2014 .The equipment cost $180,000 and had an expected salvage value of $30,000. The life of the equipment was estimated to be 6 years. The book value of the equipment at the beginning of the third year would be
17. Brevard Corporation purchased a taxicab on January 1, 2013 for $25,500 to use for its shuttle business. The cab is expected to have a five-year useful life and no salvage value. During 2014, it retouched the cab's paint at a cost of $1,200, replaced the transmission for $3,000
18. On July 1, 2014, Fleming Company sells machinery for $120,000. The machinery originally cost $300,000, had an estimated 5-year life and an expected salvage value of $50,000. The Accumulated Depreciation account had a balance of $175,000 on January 1, 2014, using the straight-line method. The gain or loss on disposal is
19. On July 1, 2014, Linden Company purchased the copyright to Norman Computer Tutorials for $140,000. It is estimated that the copyright will have a useful life of 5 years. The amount of Amortization Expense recognized for the year 2014 would be
20. The following totals for the month of April were taken from the payroll records of Metz Company. Salaries $30,000 FICA taxes withheld 2,295 Income taxes withheld 6,600 Medical insurance deductions 1,200 Federal unemployment taxes 240 State unemployment taxes 1,500 The entry to record accrual of employer’s payroll taxes would include a
21. Thayer Company purchased a building on January 2 by signing a long-term $2,520,000 mortgage with monthly payments of $23,100. The mortgage carries an interest rate of 10 percent. The amount owed on the mortgage after the first payment will be
22. The following data is available for BOX Corporation at December 31, 2014: Common stock, par $10 (authorized 30,000 shares) $250,000 Treasury stock (at cost $15 per share) $1,200 Based on the data, how many shares of common stock are outstanding?
23. Indicate the respective effects of the declaration of a cash dividend on the following balance sheet sections: Total Assets Total Liabilities Total Stockholders' Equity
24. Assume the following cost of goods sold data for a company: 2015 $1,300,000 2014 1,200,000 2013 1,000,000 If 2013 is the base year, what is the percentage increase in cost of goods sold from 2013 to 2015?
25. A company has an average inventory on hand of $75,000 and its average days in inventory is 36.5 days. What is the cost of goods sold?
26. The following information is available for Patterson Company: 2014 2013 Accounts receivable $ 360,000 $ 340,000 Inventory 280,000 320,000 Net credit sales 3,000,000 2,600,000 Cost of goods sold 1,500,000 840,000 Net income 300,000 170,000 The accounts receivable turnover for 2014 is
27. All of the following situations below might indicate a company has a low quality of earnings except
28. A lack of disclosure about guaranteed payments that were mentioned in the MD&A of the annual report.