QNT 561 Week 3 Quiz
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
QNT 561 Week 3 Quiz
1. What is the level of significance of a test of hypothesis?
2. For each of the following rejection regions, sketch the sampling distribution for z and indicate the location of the rejection region and determine the probability that a Type I error will be made: z1.645, zz>1.96, z>2.575
3. Several years ago, a government agency reported the default rate on a certain type of loan at 0.055. Set up the null and alternative hypotheses to determine if the default rate this year is less than 0.055.
4. For the a and observed significance level (p-value)pair, indicate whether the null hypothesis would be rejected. a=0.05 p-value=0.45
5. A study analyzes recent incidents involving terrorist attacks.
6. Suppose 41 of 111 randomly selected shoppers believe that “Made in USA” means that 100% of labor and materials are from the United States. Let p represent the true proportion of consumers who believe “Made in the USA” means 100% of labor and materials are from the United States.
7. Independent random samples from approximately normal populations produced the results shown below.
8. The data for a random sample of six paired observations are shown in the table. Pair Population 1 Sample (Observation 1) Population 2 Sample (Observation 2)
9. Construct a 95% confidence interval for (p1-p2) in each of the following situations.
10. A newspaper reported the results of a survey on the planning habits of men and women . In response to a question “What is your preferred method of keeping track of meetings?” 55 of men and 45 of women answered “I keep them in my head”. A nationally representative sample of 1,000 adults participated in the survey; therefore, assume that 500 were men and 500 were women.
11. An auto dealer researching customer preferences for cars asks customers which colors they prefer in a car from a choice of red, yellow, black, and white. The data being collected can be categorized as
12. Which of the following choices determines the extent to which a measuring instrument measures what the researcher sets out to measure?
13. Which type of scale consists of statements that express either a favorable or unfavorable attitude toward an object of interest?
14. The assignment of numbers or symbols to a property of objects according to value or magnitude is called
15. Rachel is conducting a telephone interviews for Blockbuster. When she interviews customers of Netflix she tends to change the wording of the question “How loyal are you to using Blockbuster” to “So, you aren’t loyal to Blockbuster, are you”. Which of the following sources of error in communication research is present in this example?
16. Every time a Netflix customer returns a DVD, Netflix asks the customer to evaluate the DVD relative to other DVDs on a scale from one to five. Netflix is using… question to learn customer preferences.
17. When target questions present the participants with a fixed set of choices, they are