LAS 432 Midterm Exam
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
LAS 432 Midterm Exam
1. Question: (TCO 1) The Neolithic Revolution was a result of
2. Question: (TCO 1) Landes argues that the invention of spectacles in Europe not only made it possible for craftsmen to work longer, it also
3. Question: (TCOs 2 & 8) Edgerton counters the theory of distinct successive technological revolutions by explaining that
4. Question: (TCOs 2 & 8) Although telephone systems had much in common with telegraph systems, telephone technology was a more social technology because
5. Question: (TCO 4) Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of Wiki art?
6. Question: (TCO 4) Winner argues that some technologies have become so fully integrated in our society that they have actually taken on social roles. An example of this would be
7. Question: (TCO 8) The most culturally influential class in Industrial Britain was
8. Question: Which of the following is considered a scholarly resource?
9. Question: (TCO 12) Bill Joy compares the threat of self-replicating nanotechnology with
10. Question: (TCO 12) The term nanotechnology was first used to refer to
1. Question: You must complete all three essays. These essays are worth 50 points each, so please take the time to think through your answers and review them before submitting. These essays should be a minimum of five paragraphs in length each. They should contain a clear thesis statement in the first paragraph (an answer to the question!). Make sure your explanation is clear and that you provide specific examples. Any quotes from the readings or external materials must include quotation marks and an in-text citation. Failure to identify quoted material could result in a 0 for the exam and a formal academic dishonesty charge. (TCOs 1 & 2) Do you agree with the assertion that we are now living in a third-great technological transformation-the Knowledge Revolution? Have computers truly changed our lives so much that we can call this a revolution like the Industrial Revolution of the 18th century? Support your answer providing specific comparisons from the two periods.
2. Question: Identify two authors from your readings and compare their views on the impact of technology on a culture. To what degree does each author see the technology affecting social change? Were there special interests involved in the decision making concerning the development and use of the technology? Provide specific examples.
3. Question: (TCOs 3 & 4) How have changes in communications technologies affected how we write and what we write? How do wikis and blogs compare to traditional forms such as textbooks and newspaper editorials? Please be specific