LAS 432 Midterm Exam
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
LAS 432 Midterm Exam 3
1. (TCO 1) A characteristic of the Neolithic revolution was the movement of people to villages because
2. (TCO 1) In the Neolithic Revolution, the growth of communities was a result of
3. (TCO 1) Francis Bacon argued that scientific method differed from logic and mathematics in that
4.(TCOs 2 & 8) Edgerton counters the theory of distinct successive technological revolutions by explaining that
5.(TCOs 2 & 8) The introduction of four uniform time zones in the United States was a direct result of
6.(TCO 4) Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of Wiki art?
7.(TCO 4) In Wiki art, the artist is
8.(TCO 4) According to Winner, the use of computer technologies to supervise workers is
9.(TCO 4) According to Winner, the design of a hoe (el cortito),reflects a political relationship because
10.(TCO 8) The term Luddite refers to
11.(TCO 11) Which of the following is considered a scholarly resource?
12.(TCO 12) Bill Joy compares the threat of self-replicating nanotechnology with the use of living cells in genetic engineering. the use of uranium in nuclear weapons. the threat of neo-Luddites. the proliferation of chemical weapons.
13.(TCO 12) The three technologies that Bill Joy states are the greatest threat in the 21st century are
14. (TCO 12) The unintended effects of e-mail are
15. The intended reader of a scholarly resource would be
16.During the Protestant Reformation, the printing press created a new desire for books.
17. Winner argues that some technologies have become so fully integrated in our society that they have actually taken on social roles. An example of this would be