BSOP 209 Quiz Week 2, 4 and 6
BSOP 209 Week 4 Quiz
1. TCO 6) What is the first step in solving a break-even analysis using a graphic approach?
2. (TCO 7) Define NPV
3. (TCO 9) What limits the use of a graphical solution to LP
4. (TCO 8) What are the three parts of a wait-line system?
5. TCO 8) In reference to queuing, what is a limited or finite population?
6. (TCO 8) What does FIFO mean?
7. (TCO 8) Describe or define a negative exponential-probability distribution
8. (TCO 8) Which waiting-line model has a dependent relationship between the length of the queue and the arrival rate?
9. (TCOs 6 and 7) XYZ plating is going ahead on an expansion project. They will be able to earn $300 per hour and run 3,000 hours per year. What is the net present value for the next five years with an interest rate of 6%?
BSOP 209 Week 6, Quiz
1. (TCO 14) Briefly discuss the decision methods used when there is complete uncertainty as to which state in a decision environment may occur.
2. (TCOs 10,11 and 12) Chad's Pottery Barn has enough clay to make 24 small vases or 6 large vases. He has only enough of a special glazing compound to glaze 16 of the small vases or 8 of the large vases. Let X1 = the number of small vases and X2 = the number of large vases.
3. (TCO 13, 14) XYZ coating company has reviewed four new processes for improving their coating line. The four processes, labeled A, B, C, and D use different technology and have different capacities. All the processes have the same level of production and the lifetime