ACCT 212 Final Exam
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
ACCT 212 Final Exam
1. (TCO 3) At the end of the period it is necessary to close all temporary accounts. (1) Explain why this process is required (10 points) and (2) provide an example of the closing of an expense account, Salary Expense in the form of a journal entry.
2. (TCO 2) As required to complete Course Project 1, one must follow the cycle that includes 10 steps to complete the accounting cycle. (1) Explain how the debit/credit rules are used when developing journal entries (10 points) and (2) provide an example of the application of the debit/credit rules in the form of a journal entry.
3. (TCO 5) Internal Control Procedures are required to safeguard company assets and to ensure ethical operation of the business. (1) Explain how limited access can satisfy the purpose of internal control (10 points) and (2) provide an example of how this control could be implemented.
4. (TCO 4) Inventory valuation methods determine the cost of goods sold and the inventory balance. (1) Explain how the First in First out (FIFO) method is applied (10 points) and (2) provide an example of the impact that this method of inventory valuation will have on Gross Profit.
5. (TCO 1) To evaluate the financial operation and health of a business ratio analysis is used. (1) Provide the formula for the Current Ratio and explain how it is computed (10 points) and (2) provide an example of how this ratio can be used in decision-making in business.
1. (TCO 6) BagODonuts Company bought a used delivery truck on January 1, 2010, for $19,200. The van was expected to remain in service 4 years (30,000 miles). BagODonuts’ accountant estimated that the truck’s residual value would be $2,400 at the end of its useful life. The truck traveled 8,000 miles the first year, 8,500 miles the second year, 5,500 miles the third year, and 8,000 miles in the fourth year. 1. Calculate depreciation expense for the truck for each year (2010-2013) using the:
2. Which method best tracks the wear and tear on the van? 3. Which method would BagODonuts prefer to use for income tax purposes? Explain in detail why BagODonuts prefers this method. 2. (TCO 7) ABC Inc. was incorporated on 1/15/12. Their corporate charter authorized the following capital stock: Preferred Stock: 7%, par value $100 per share, 100,000 shares. Common Stock: $1 par value, 500,000 shares.
3. (TCO 5) Fraud is an intentional misrepresentation of facts, made for the purpose of persuading another party to act in a way that causes injury or damage to that party. In our readings and discussions we have seen several examples of fraud in business. Using that experience (1) provide an example of a common fraudulent practice in business with an explanation of how the practice works and (2) name and describe each of the elements of the Fraud Triangle.
4. (TCO 5) Internal Control Procedures are in place to protect the assets of every business as mentioned in the textbook and our discussions. Of the seven internal control procedures, list five of these controls and describe how each procedure is implemented
5. (TCO2) Below are the accounts of Super Pool Service, Inc. The accounts have normal balances on June 30, 2012. The accounts are listed in no particular order.
6. (TCO4) Linda’s Lampshades started business on Jan. 1, 2001. They had the following inventory transactions:
1. Depreciation is a process to allocate the cost of long-life assets to each period's income statement and adjusts the value of the asset on the balance sheet. (1) Explain how the Units-of-Production method is computed (10 points) and (2) provide an example of how this method could be used on a new delivery truck purchased for $25,000 to be used for 100,000 miles with a salvage value of $5,000 for year one only (25,000 miles driven in year one)