BUS 520 Midterm Exam 1
BUS 520 Midterm Exam 1
1. In trying to work out an acceptable solution to a problem, managers who rely on their understanding of other people and who empathize with others’ feelings are using which managerial skill according to Katz?
2. Which of the following reflects the expectations of the new generation of workers?
3. An individual who helps others achieve high levels of both performance and satisfaction is a(n):
4. Which managerial skill involves the capacity to analyze and solve complex and interrelated problems?
5. Conscientiousness is a “Big Five” personality dimension that involves the traits of being __________.
6. Which traits are associated with the “Big Five” personality dimension of extraversion?
7. Firstborns in families tend to be __________.
8. __________, also known as distress, is dysfunctional.
9. The __________ component of an attitude is a specific feeling regarding the personal impact of the antecedents, while the __________ component is an intention to behave in a certain way based on your specific feelings or attitudes.
10. The informal standards which govern the degree to which it is appropriate for people from different cultures to show their emotions similarly are known as __________.
11. The degree of loyalty an individual feels toward the organization is known as.
12. The extras people do to go the extra mile in their work are referred to as __________.
13. The __________ is the tendency to deny personal responsibility for performance problems but to accept personal responsibility for performance success.
14. If your manager understands that your reward must be given as soon as possible after the occurrence of a desired behavior, he/she is aware of the law of ___________.
15. __________ conditioning is a form of learning through association that involves the manipulation of stimuli to influence behavior.
16. Which of the following sets of items relate to the perceiver as a factor influencing of the perceptual process?
17. According to attribution theory, which types of causes are operating to the detriment of obese workers?
18. Which of the following needs did Maslow describe as lower-order needs?
19. According to McClelland, someone who seeks influence over others and likes attention has a high need for __________.
20. According to Herzberg’s two-factor theory, __________ factors are the sources of job satisfaction. 21. According to equity theory, __________ exists when an individual feels that he or she has received relatively more than others have received.
22. Rankings, paired comparisons, and forced distributions are types of __________ performance appraisal methods.
23. __________ is a pay system that links pay and performance by giving the workers the opportunity to share in productivity gains through increased earnings.
24. The research of Lawler generally concludes that __________.
25. For a performance appraisal system to be valid, it must __________.