Learn to Dance Salsa Vol. 2
Salsa Volume 2: Intermediate - Advanced Patterms
By The Dance Store
Length: 2 hours
Patterns: over 40 • Instructors: Joe, Sarah & Patricia
This is a great video for learning turns, figures, and patterns. This two-hour video shows more than 40 patterns, including all of the most common and the most important salsa figures. Specifically, this video shows:
- Five figures involving (natural) right turns for the lady.
- Three figures involving right turns for the man.
- Two figures for lady and man using left (reverse) turns.
- Six figures involving "she goes, he goes" alternating lady/man turns.
- Eight figures involving "Cross Body Leads."
- Four figures involving "back spot turns" (natural tops).
- Four figures involving spinning right side passes for the lady.
- Four figures involving extra (syncopated) turns for the lady.
- Two figures that use "salsa spins."
These patterns cover the major "pattern themes" and "footwork categories" in salsa. Except for the patterns involving syncopated double turns, all of these figures are leadable figures for social dancing.
Though there are hundreds of salsa figures, most of these use just twelve basic footwork patterns or "themes." Once you know these basic themes, it's easy to build hundreds of figures and it's easy to chain these figures together. For a given footwork pattern, many figures can be developed by changing the arm-work and the hand connections. For example, a she goes / he goes alternating turn sequence can involve a one-hand connection, a two-hand parallel connection, a cross-hand pretzel connection, or a hand change sequence. Each has a different look, but they could all use the same footwork pattern. Most footwork patterns can involve at least five different hand connections.
To see our other products, click this link: