ACCT 344 Week 3 Quiz......................(ACCT 344 Cost Accounting - DeVry)
1. Question: (TCO 8) A predetermined overhead rate is calculated using which formula?
2. Question: (TCO 8) All of the following are unit-based activity drivers EXCEPT
3. Question: (TCO 8) A department that is capital intensive most likely would use a predetermined departmental overhead rate based on which activity base?
4. Question: (TCO 8) Star Inc. uses a job-order costing system to account for product costs. The following information was provided for the current year. Materials placed in production $160,000 Indirect labor $50,000 Direct labor (10,000 hours) $180,000 Depreciation of factory building $80,000 Other factory overhead $130,000 Increase in work-in-process inventory $45,000 Factory overhead rate per direct labor hour $25 Which is the amount of under- or overapplied overhead for Star Inc.?
5. Question: (TCO 8) Acme Company manufactures two products (anvils and barrels). Overhead costs ($84,000) have been divided into three cost pools, which use the following activity drivers…….
6. Question: (TCO 8) Which is NOT a limitation of a plantwide overhead rate?
7. Question: (TCO 8) The resources consumed by the activity in producing its output are called
8. Question: (TCO 8) Which is NOT part of the cost dimension of the activity-based management model?
9. Question: (TCO 8) Which is an example of a non-value-added manufacturing activity?
10. Question: (TCO 8) The process that involves choosing among various sets of activities that are caused by competing strategies is called......