Best-selling author Anne Hooper established herself as the foremost modern interpreter of this erotic classic with her first, hardcover edition of The Kama Sutra, selling more than 500,000 copies worldwide.
- The Kama Sutra contains a total of 64 sexual positions. Vatsyayana believed there were eight ways of making love, multiplied by eight positions within each of these. In the book, they are known as the 64 Atrs.
- The Kama Sutra describes making love as "divine union".
- Lovers who suffer from medical complaints such as back pain and arthritis are warned not to attempt some of the Kama Sutra's positions. .
- Kama is the Hindu god of love. The word also refers to the pursuit of love or pleasure, one of the four aims of life in Hindu traditions. Kama is always depicted as a handsome youth, shooting arrows of love that produce love. His wife is Rati.
- It recommends both biting and scratching as ways of improving love-making, but insists on high standards of cleanliness. It states: "The qualities of good nails are that they should be bright, well set, clean, entire, convex, soft, and glossy in appearance.
- There are 10 methods of kissing in the Kama Sutra (including) - the nominal kiss, the probing kiss, the touching kiss, the straight kiss, the bent kiss, the turned kiss, the pressed kiss and the greatly pressed kiss - and four ways to administer the kiss. That gives a total of 40 different ways to kiss a lover.
More than just a guide to sexual positions, The Kama Sutra covers everything from foreplay to afterglow, combining the spice of age-old eroticism with all the candid instruction of a contemporary sex guide.
With brilliant illustrations and appealing subject matter, The Kama Sutra is perfect for all couples interested in learning about Tantric sex or simply seeking more fun and variety in their lovemaking.
She discourages the focus from accomplishing distorted poses---- in actuality, they are advanced yoga positions----and instead has discovered the true spirit of these ancient teachings and applied the teachings to contemporary lovemaking.
A reinterpretation of the classics Anne Hooper`s Kama Sutra brings together the best of the Kama Sutra, the Ananga Ranga, The Perfumed Garden, and The Tao to create a new classic. The authors of these works offered creative solutions to sexual problems, enhancing sensuality through innovative techniques. Their ancient teachings remain as dynamic as ever -- as Anne Hooper reveals when she draws aside the curtain of myth and mystery that surrounds these erotic volumes.
Sensual photography Voluptuously illustrated with photographs of contemporary couples, Anne Hoops`s Kama Sutra presents all the arts of seduction and will inspire every reader to introduce more variety and excitement into sex.
Here, in this unrivaled erotic masterpiece, you will find the key to lasting sexual fulfillment. Expand your lovemaking repertoire and increase your pleasure with Tantra and Kama Sutra sex positions. In this modern photo interpretation of classic love postures each of the color images appears in large format on a single page. They capture the emotional and energetic connection of sacred lovemaking as well as illustrating sexual positions and techniques. Each photo is accompanied by comments on how and why the position is used. Most of the positions illustrated are suitable for lovers of all ages, and with some selectivity, in various stages of physical fitness and health. In other words, you don’t have to be an athlete, young, or perfectly fit to use this manual.The teachings of the Kama Sutra remain timeless and universal, and are as useful today for understanding and expressing human sexuality as they were in ancient India.