Cello Quartet Drone CD
This cello drone CD was created by Jamie Fiste, Professor of Cello at Central Michigan University. It is a tool to assist the student and professional cellist to improve intonation. Intonation is best practiced by tuning against other pitches, whether it be double stops, against open strings, or drone notes. The cello drone CD was carefully recorded to insure pitch accuracy.
1. No electronic manipulation of pitches were used at any phase of the recording . A specially designed capo for the cello was used to ensure pitch accuracy and to maintain a faithful recorded sound of the cello.
2. All pitches were measured agaist StroboSoft software to ensure accuracy.
3. The cello is overdubbed 4 times for a richer tone. This is helpful on pitches that do not have much sympathetic vibration such as F and B-flat, etc.
4. Other strings on the cello were tuned to provide more sympathetic vibrations on pitches such as F and B-flat for more harmonics.
5. Bit rate of 320 for MP3s for near CD quality resolution.