The Great Gatsby with Graphic Organizer
Talk about a bad egg! The recklessness, corruption and passion, and all that Jazz come together to scramble the American Dream in the 1920s. The fabulously wealthy Jay Gatsby throws lavish parties to win the heart of his beloved Daisy. Does he win her love? In this day of standards- based Common Core learning, Simply Novel provides the foundation needed when reading this literary classic.
Bloom's Taxonomy helps close learning gaps and allows time to analyze complex elements. Post-activities and graphic organizers give students opportunities to demonstrate proficiency.
Classroom tested, student approved!
Simply Novel's The Great Gatsby includes 96 slides, which take you into, through and beyond the cautionary story of the great American Dream.
- Introduce and Identify the Author of The Great Gatsby
- Identify the Historical Background
- Review the Setting of The Great Gatsby
- Determine the Genre of The Great Gatsby
- Identify the Theme of The Great Gatsby
- Identify the Literary Devices of The Great Gatsby
- Identify the Characters
- Identify and Prepare for the Essay Prompt
- Read and Interpret The Great Gatsby
- Demonstrate and Apply Knowledge
Simply Novel's The Great Gatsby Graphic Organizers include reproducible graphic organizers to support The Great Gatsby Unit, or simply use them on their own!
- KWL Chart
- Writing Prompt
- The Setting
- The Meaning of Colors
- Symbol Starters
- The Art of Gatsby
- Identifying the Characters
- Quote Diary
- Write Away! Character Diary Project