ORIGINS 2013 BOX-SET - 5 Talks MP4's
All five lectures from Origins Conference 2013.
1) Graham Hancock, author of such classics as Fingerprints of the Gods (1996), Supernatural (2006), and the ground-breaking novel Entangled (2009), is no stranger to the Questing Conference and Megalithomania. At Origins 2013, in part 1 of his keynote lecture, he introduced the story behind the writing of his latest novel War God, about the collision that occurred when Mexico's sacrifice loving empire of the Aztecs came face to face with the Spanish army under the command of Hernan Cortez. It is a story of fate and destiny embroiled in the prophecy of the return from the east of the great god Quetzecoatl. In part 2 he previewed the road of discovery that led to the writing of his new book Magicians of the Gods, a sequel to the world bestseller Fingerprints of the Gods. The presentation will include his preliminary thoughts on Gobekli Tepe, which he visited in September on the 'Origins of Civilization' Tour. He explores its place in the wake of the loss of a golden age brought to a close by a global cataclysm that is only now being verified by science.
2) Robert Bauval, co-author of bestsellers such as The Orion Mystery (1994), Secret Chamber(1999) and Keeper of Genesis (1997), and a great friend of the Questing Conference and Megalithomania, presents the quest of discovery behind his latest book Imhotep: Architect of the Cosmos, co-written with astrophysicist Thomas Brophy. In this thought-provoking book, the authors uncover the mystery of Imhotep, the architect of the step pyramid of Djoser at Saqqara. Based on their research at the Saqqara pyramid field, Bauval and Brophy re-examine astronomical alignments and other design features to uncover the true origins and genius of Imhotep. They follow clues that lead them on a fascinating magical mystery tour, beginning at Saqqara and taking them to Upper Egypt and the stones of Nabta Playa and the Neolithic peoples who placed them there.
3) Andrew Collins, author of ground-breaking books including From the Ashes of Angels (1996), The Cygnus Mystery (2006), Beneath the Pyramids (2009) and the forthcoming Göbekli Tepe: Genesis of the Gods (Bear & Co, 2014), continues his examination of Göbekli Tepe, arguably archaeology's most important discovery this millennium. He explains how its sanctuaries were built to align with the stars using standing stones with circular portholes. Identified as seelenloch, "soul holes", these newly discovered pillars are the key to understanding how the Göbekli builders envisioned the transition of the soul from this world to the sky-world, accessed via the Milky Way's Great Rift. It was a realm not only of unborn souls and the newly dead, but also of shamans in their role as psychopomps (soul carriers) in the guise of the vulture. Andrew reveals also the builders behind Göbekli Tepe, indicating their place of origin, and showing reconstructions of how they might have looked. He explains why they arrived in southeast Turkey so soon after the end of the last Ice Age, and their identity as the Watchers of the book of Enoch and the Annunaki gods of Sumero-Akkadian mythology.
4) Graham Phillips, author of landmark books such as King Arthur - The True Story (1993), The Shakespeare Conspiracy (1995), Act of God (1998) and The Marian Conspiracy (2001), is a world-renowned historical writer. At Origins 2013 he revealed the incredible quest that led to his discovery that some 3,500 years ago across the world strange things suddenly began to take place. Having lived in relative peace for centuries, civilizations across the earth - in Asia, Europe, Africa, and the Americas - were simultaneously overwhelmed by an epidemic of mass violence. Neighbour fought neighbour and entire cultures vanished into oblivion. Around the globe humanity suddenly embraced new gods, and new religious ideas. All over the world—in China, India, Asia, and the Middle East—priests inscribed an almost identical symbol on the walls of temples, palaces and tombs: the image of an awesome manifestation that had appeared in the skies. What on earth was happening around 1500 BC? It is the story told in Graham's book End of Eden (2007), which he presented here publicly for the first time.
5) Hugh Newman, co-founder of the Megalithomania conferences, author of Earth Grids (2008), and regular guest on Ancient Aliens (History Channel), gives an exclusive presentation comparing the carved art and cult structures of Göbekli Tepe in southeast Turkey with the stone art and megalithic complexes of Peru, Bolivia, Colombia, Mexico, Costa Rica, Indonesia, and Easter Island (Rapanui). Although separated in time by many millennia, the conclusion that there is some kind of universal origin to all these cultures, linked perhaps by a universal geodetic grid and other long distance alignments, seems inescapable. Serpent symbolism is rife at these sites and Hugh also reveals the connections between these various prehistoric places and legends regarding the discovery of giant skeletons and elongated skulls, suggesting the existence of two or more lost races of human kind. It is a quest that has taken Hugh to dozens of countries over the past ten years, with many of his discoveries being inspired by strange experiences and bizarre synchronicities.