Full Test Bank for Criminal Law and Procedure for the Paralegal
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
Chapter 1: Test Questions and Answers
1. Which of the following is not true about the distinction between civil and criminal law?
a. The purpose of civil law is to compensate victims who have been injured by the actions of others.
b. The purpose of criminal law is to discourage behavior that society has deemed to be undesirable.
c. The purpose of civil law is to imprison wrongdoers.
d. Criminal cases are brought by the state.
2. A court of record is one that:
a. maintains a comprehensive file system.
b. keeps records of the actions and dispositions in cases.
c. is responsible for hearing traffic citations.
d. does not exist, except on the federal level.
3. “Separation of powers” is a clause of the U.S. Constitution that provides that:
a. the actions of each branch will be reviewed by the other branches.
b. the duties and obligations of one branch cannot be infringed upon by another branch.
c. the executive branch can only exercise its powers in limited situations.
d. only two out of three branches of government have actual power.
4. All of the following are branches of the government, except the:
a. executive branch.
b. judicial branch.
c. legislative branch.
d. administrative branch.
5. The burden of proof in a criminal case is:
a. beyond all doubt.
b. beyond a shadow of a doubt.
c. beyond a reasonable doubt.
d. to a mathematical certainty.