Full Test Bank for Introduction to Paralegal Studies 5th
Introduction to the Study of Law and the Paralegal Profession
1. Civil codes prohibit theft, assault, battery, rape, murder, and many other offenses.
2. The law provides a mechanism for resolving conflicts without resorting to personal violence.
3. Even a minor change in the facts might alter the outcome of a case.
4. Luckily, the law is fairly static and susceptible to memorization.
5. Legal research is required whenever an issue arises outside of an attorney's expertise or in a rapidly changing area of the law.
6. Paralegals cannot conduct legal research.
7. Once an attorney has completed legal research, the attorney will have the answer to the client's problem.
8. The process of applying law to a client's specific facts is known as legal reasoning.
9. Not every problem is a problem for which the courts will supply a remedy.
10. New laws may create legal rights that did not exist in the past.
11. In actuality there is no “right” answer, only better or worse arguments.
12. Initially, learning the law is a lot like learning a foreign language.