Primitive Reflexes: Foundation for Learning Download
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
Pyramid of Potential Inc.
Parents and educators are frustrated today with the additional mandates required, yet there are an increasing number of children who need extra help. Despite all of the efforts to improve education, reading, writing, and math scores do not increase. This workshop provides all of the information needed to help educators, professionals and parents to help the students improve brain functioning through integration of the primitive reflexes.
Perfect for: Occupational therapists, physical therapists, teachers, parents, tutors, learning centers, psychologists, and chiropractors.
The Webinar Format:
· Session 1: Overview of brain development, overview of primitive reflexes, research
· Session 2: The Moro Reflex: in an infant, in older child or adult, symptoms of a retained Moro, testing the Moro, and integration exercises
· Session 3: The Palmar Reflex and Tonic Labyrinthine Reflex
· Session 4: Spinal Galant Reflex
· Session 5: Asymmetrical Tonic Neck Reflex
· Session 6: Symmetrical Tonic Neck Reflex and final question and answer
· Identify 6 primitive reflexes and how they contribute to learning
· Demonstrate the infant reflex and identify the normal age at which it is integrated
· Test for each of the 6 reflexes, and give a rating for the severity of the retention of the reflex
· Demonstrate the integration exercise, including modifications, for each reflex
· List the behavioral and physical symptoms associated with each reflex
· Demonstrate additional physical exercises that complement each reflex
· Demonstrate the integration exercise in a classroom situation versus a clinical or home setting
· Discuss why the reflexes may still be present and what circumstances integration exercises may not create changes
· Discuss what reflex integration can and cannot accomplish, and what will be required beyond reflex integration for student success
Included with this download:
· 33 pages of handouts with research, explanations and pictures
· Videos from the Pyramid of Potential DVD/Workbook Series worth $129.95
· Over 7 hours of information!
This program is also available on-site at your school or clinic. Please contact Kathy Johnson at 518-885-2007.