Encyclopedia of Defense Notes
Top DEFENSIVE Notes
1. Dick Bennett - 50 pages of notes on Dick Bennetts Pack-line defense. Gathered from a clinic and other notes assembled from his DVD, this collection of notes covers everything from his break down drills, principles, practice plans, game preparation, and more. A great collection of notes to understand this defensive guru and his philosophy.
2. Bobby Huggins - His matchup zone rules and "box theory" of defense is included in this set of notes. After the remarkable defensive turnaround at WVU, his theory has been proven yet again. He believes in playing every pass in the passing lane to allow over the top passes forcing the ball into the corner and a smaller "box." Check this new theory of defensive basketball out on this collection.
3. Jim Calhoun - 20 pages of his multiple defensive system. Another great collection of notes that also includes his 2-2-1 zone press.
4. Rick Pitino - the only coach to ever take 3 different schools to a Final Four, Pitino's pressure defense is famous and this set of notes diagrams his famous BLACK and WHITE presses.
5. Vance Walberg - 30 pages of notes from a highly successful high school coach, Vance Walberg's system of defensive play has had an affect at the JUCO level and southern California. He has a system of pressing that includes man and zone principles that are unlike any other defense. Terminology such as controller, trapper, and interceptor are specific and easier for players to understand.