NEWLY UPDATED FOR 2015 with the screenshots featuring the new LinkedIn profile.
Here are the topics covered in this 42-page, step-by-step guide to using LinkedIn in a job search (The report is more than 6,300 words long, and includes 75 screenshots).
- Why Get LinkedIn?
- Why LinkedIn Is Important In Your Job Search
- How To Set Up A Basic Account
- Optimizing Your Profile
- Why Completing Your LinkedIn Profile Is Important
- Editing/Enhancing Your Profile
- Creating Your Summary
- Creating Your Headline
- LinkedIn Privacy Settings
- Customizing Your LinkedIn URL
- Making Connections: Importing Contacts
- What To Do With Your LinkedIn Profile
- Building Your Connections
- Finding People to Connect With
- Conducting Company Searches
- Using Introductions, InMails, and Invites
- Using Introductions to Make Connections
- Using InMails To Connect
- Making Inroads with Invites
- Making Connections Through LinkedIn Groups
- Finding Jobs On LinkedIn
- Helping Prospective Employers Connect With You
- Next Steps
Here's what you can do with this content:
- Edit the report, or use it "as is"
- Use it as a free giveaway to build your prospect mailing list
- Give it away as a bonus with the purchase of a LinkedIn consultation
- Turn it into a video
- Use it as an outline for a webinar
- Make it a handout for a LinkedIn training
- Sell it on your membership site or website
Provided in Microsoft Word format so you can change out the screen shots to feature your own profile, and you can add to -- or edit -- any of the content.