Choir Music from St. Lorenzkirche Nurnburg
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
Klassic Haus Restorations
KHCD-2013-005DL (STEREO) - Choir Music from St. Lorenzkirche Nürnburg - music of Palestrina, Lechner, Schütz, Bach, Distler, Kraft, Reda, Bruckner and Mendelssohn - St. Lorenz Bach-Chor - Hermann Harrassowitz, director - The Bachchor of St. Lorenz Nürnburg was founded in 1923 by the Lorenz Kantor Professor Walther Körner. With more than 100 singers, it is one of the major church and concert choirs of Nuremberg, and is the largest Protestant church in Bavaria. The choir is dedicated to the musical events of the Lorenz' worship; on the other hand, maintains the repertoire of all oratorio eras. From 1962 to 1995 the Bachchor St. Lorenz was directed by the German choral conductor and organist, Hermann Harrassowitz. He studied church music at the Staatlichen Musikhochschule in Frankfurt (including with Professor Helmut Walcha). This was followed by studies of oboe, music education and old philology in Frankfurt and Marburg. In 1957 he received scholarship of the Culture Prize of the Federal Association of German Industry. In 1959-1960 he belonged to the federal selection of concerts by young artists as oboist. Since 1946 Hermann Harrassowitz has been continuously active as an organist. This disc, transcribed from a near-mint Carus LP, offers a selection of the capabilites of this fine German Choir, recorded in the fine acoustics of Nürnburg Südwest-Tonstudio, Stuttgart.