Jobseeker's Guide to References (Pass-Along Materials)
Newly updated in September 2015, here are the topics covered in the "Jobseeker's Guide to References" report:
- What are references?
- How many organizations check references?
- Selecting your references
- Start contacting your references early
- Getting permission from your references
- What to do with your references
- Preparing your references when you have a job interview
- Formatting your references page
- What are references typically asked?
- Legal implications to references -- and dispelling common myths
- What to do about negative references
- References: Next steps
Good companion piece for When to Hire a Reference Checking Service.