Jobseeker's Guide to Applicant Tracking Systems (Pass-Along Materials)
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) are a billion dollar industry, and they are increasingly being used in companies of all sizes to manage job applicants. This Pass-Along Materials content is fully updated (Nov. 2015).
The guide includes:
- Understanding applicant tracking systems -- what they are for and why companies use them.
- Advantages for jobseekers applying through applicant tracking systems.
- How applicant tracking systems work, including the criteria used by the applicant tracking system to determine a match.
- Why "keyword stuffing" doesn't work
- How newer ATS software uses context to rank resumes.
- Strategies to find keywords or search terms.
- Setting up the resume for compliance with the ATS -- including step-by-step instructions for how to format the resume for ATS compliance.
- Where "else" to put keywords in a Word document to help it be found in a search.
- Strategies for getting around the ATS
• Checklist: How to make sure your resume is ATS-compliant
• Best Practices for Working with Applicant Tracking Systems
• Frequently-Asked Questions: Understanding Applicant Tracking Systems (1 page guide)