How to Give - - and Get - - LinkedIn Recommendations (Pass-Along Materials)
LinkedIn can be an essential tool for your clients in their job search -- and receiving (and giving!) Recommendations can help them build their presence on the social networking site. Updated in 2015.
This comprehensive 26-page guide will lead them step-by-step through the process of how to give -- and get-- LinkedIn Recommendations. (The report is more than 4,100 words in length, and includes 28 screen shots).
- Someone looking at your Recommendations wants to know two things. (What are they?)
- Recommendations provide Search Engine Optimization (SEO) results. (Here's how they do it.)
- How many Recommendations should you have?
- Six questions to consider before you start the Recommendation.
- Top 10 skills employers are looking for in employees.
- Formula for a LinkedIn Recommendation.
- How to use Challenge-Action-Result statements in Recommendations
- More than 100 descriptive adjectives to include in your Recommendations.
- Recommendations you write should meet these six criteria.
- Step-by-step, illustrated guide for "How to Make a Recommendation" in LinkedIn.
- How to make a Recommendation from the individual's profile page directly
- Why -- and how -- to personalize the "sending a Recommendation" message.
- How to access Recommendations you've written (including editing them).
- How to request Recommendations on LinkedIn -- including who you should ask.
- One of the best ways to get a LinkedIn Recommendation.
- Reciprocal Recommendations -- what they are and why you might not want them.
- What if you're asked to make a Recommendation -- and you don't want to?
- When you should request a replacement Recommendation.
- How to manage how Recommendations are displayed on your profile.
- How to recognize a "bad" Recommendation.