How to Manage an Innovation Project
There is often confusion between the jobs of a product manager and a project manager. Yet at the root of it, any New Product Development (NPD) effort is a project. Projects are defined by these characteristics:
· A distinct starting and ending point,
· Temporary in nature (yet may be long in duration),
· Creates a unique product or service, and
· Involves a cross-functional team.
In this paper, we’ll discuss three important skills for a project manager.
1. Balance the triple constraint,
2. Kill bad ideas, and
3. Conduct post-launch reviews.