A 2 Hour video lesson which teaches Actionscript 3 Flash Email Forms with "Flash Cookies"
Watch Step by Step Instructions for Creating the Form shown, with these key featurs
- Locally Shared Objects basically, Flash "cookies" are created to save the form for filling in later.
For example, fill in some of the fields above. Press TAB or "Save Form", then close the window and come back. Upon return the information filled in previously will appear. This is a good feature for lengthy forms that might extend over multiple swfs.
- Restrict input text to specific characters. Also error messages can prompt users about typing restricted text. You can test this out in the Order # field above. If you type letters instead of numbers, an error prompt will show up.
- Prior to submitting the form, required fields can be tested for accurate info. For example, if you exclude the @ symbol or a period in the Email field, the form will prompt you to enter a valid email address
- Learn to use four common Components: Checkboxes, Label Buttons, Pulldown Menus, & Scrollbars. Also these components can work together, for example certain pulldown menu's will switch the checkbox to being ed.
- Scripted Motion Tweens can be added to make user messages slide in instead of appearing abruptly. You can test this out in the Order # field above. If you type letters instead of numbers, an error prompt will slide / fade in.
- Input and Dynamic Text boxes are taught extensively.
- The PHP file to send the form is also included and can be modified as well.