Angry Ninjas Starter Kit for iOS App Development - Personal License
Instant Download Price
Buy and Download
"Angry Ninjas" Starter Kit for Quick Setup of an iOS Universal App SlingShot Game
- Runs at 60fps on the iPhone 4, iPhone3GS, iPod Touch and iPad.
- Supports high resolution images for the Retina Display.
- Optional settings for the iPad or iPhone (for example, you can change things like the stack location, screen pan amount, throw power of the sling shot )
- Supports as many levels as you want to add. The in-game Menu will show 10 sections, and each section can have a set number of levels. This could be 1 or it could be many more. Players will have to complete all levels in a section before the menu unlocks that section to jump to.
- Level progress is saved in the NSUserDefaults. So even if the game quits, players will have a variable saved for the number of levels they have completed.
- High scores are also saved in NSUserDefaults
- You can change the layers of background art on a per level basis. The clouds, hills, and ground plane are all separate scrolling pieces of art.
- You can set the number of characters to toss per level and how much score is required to pass the level.
- You can set bonuses per level for the number of characters that haven't been slung.
- Uses Box2D, an advanced physics engine for realistic collisions
- Easy to add a variety of shapes to your level's stack, with built in vector definitions for the collision environment ( for example: squares, triangles, circles, trapezoids, parallelograms, hexagons, octagons, pentagons, skip to 00:07:21 for details)
- We like the physics as they are, but you are welcome to toy with gravity, the accelerometer, or any other property to drastically change the game. Currently the accelerometer is turned off.
- Includes two animated impact FX that can be played anytime a stack object breaks (you can add as many more as you like). Different FX can be applied to different objects or enemies
- Supports custom break animation for stack objects or enemies. So if you want to include even more animation for a specific object breaking apart you can.
- Stacks are incredibly easy to build. We recommend using an art program like Flash or Photoshop to design your stack then just copy the center x and y locations of each object into XCode. Skip to 00:18:53 for details
- Two lines of very easy code add each stack object to the stack. All your properties for the stack object are defined in one place. Skip to 00:10:44 for details.
- You can add as many different slingshot characters as you like, depending on level or the order they get thrown in.
- Slingshot characters have different artwork frames for poses like "standing in line to be thrown", "blinking" , "in air", "roll", "roll with impact", "on the ground". You can add as many different poses as you like.
- Enemies can have damage factors. So it may take more than one collision with a ninja or stack object to damage the enemy enough to be destroyed. Enemies can also have separate animated frames for breaking (for example, the enemy in the template disintegrates )
- Choose between embedded images or a font for the post-object break Scores (which float above the object that broke). Currently the template uses images for scores in values of 100,500,1000, 5000 and 10000.
- Drop in your own .mp3 files for sound fx or background music.
- Includes three sound preferences which get saved even if the player quits the game. So players can enable or disable Sound FX, Voice FX, or Ambient FX ( or Background Music )
- You have access to every bit of source code so this template is completely customizable. And we've provided OVER TWO HOURS of full documentation at...
We feel this is a dream template for anyone willing to spend some time to create a unique look with their own artwork. We don't mind you using the animated explosion FX, but we do ask that you significantly change the other artwork so your version doesn't resemble the Starter Kit template. Otherwise seemingly duplicate copies of the same app would be sent for approval to the App Store. So just make it your own!